Subscribe to Baking Cakes Galore - don't miss a recipe

Sunday 17 May 2009

What Could Be More Girly Than Pink Cupcakes?



For the Princess’s amongst us.

Marshmallow Fluff was the inspirational ingredient behind me creating these cupcakes. I aimed for a truly girly cupcake here, for the entire Princess’s amongst us.



I have been curious as to what Marshmallow Fluff is, having seen it in many American recipes. Well you know what they say about “curiosity killed the cat”, well, I went in search on the net for any recipes I could make this from scratch, and I am glad to report I found one. It wasn’t difficult to make having used my stand mixer to whip everything up into a mass of white fluffiness. It did make more than I required for this recipe, but the remainder can be frozen or stored in the fridge.

The sponge is a chocolate one *oh yes I aim to please*, which is light and airy, the centre of each cupcake is filled with marshmallow fluff and finally a smooth piped pink buttercream and girly sprinkles on top, what more could any Princess inside of us ask for? Oh well yes I’m quite aware, girls can never have enough shoes or handbags but I’m talking cupcakes here *smile*.

Go forth Princess’s and create your own Girly Pink Cupcakes.

Homemade Marshmallow Fluff


Filled with marshmallow fluff

Girly Pink Cupcakes
Makes 12
Ingredients
For The Cupcakes
150g (5 oz) self-raising flour
25g (1oz) cocoa powder
1½ level tsp baking powder
175g (6 oz) butter, softened
175g (6 oz) caster (superfine) sugar
3 large eggs
2 tbsp milk
1 tsp vanilla extract

For The Filling
Marshmallow Fluff – store brought or homemade from scratch

Buttercream Icing
175g (6 oz) butter, softened
350g (12 oz) icing (confectioners) sugar, sifted
1-2 tbsp milk
½ tsp vanilla extract
Edible pink food colouring
Sprinkle(s) for decoration

You will also require a 12 holed muffin tin lined with 12 paper muffin cases


Method



Preheat the oven to 180°C/Fan oven 160°C/350°F/Gas mark 4.

Sift the self-raising flour, baking powder and cocoa powder into a large bowl, and then add the butter, caster sugar, eggs, milk and vanilla extract. Beat together until mixed, trying not to over mix the mixture. Spoon the mixture equally into the prepared paper cases and bake in the preheated oven for about 20 - 25 minutes or until the tops spring back when lightly pressed. Leave to cool in the tin for 5 minutes then turn out to completely cool on a wire rack.

Once the cupcakes are fully cold, cut a little cone shape out of the top centre of each cupcake and fill with marshmallow fluff. (Bakers treat - sponge cone you can eat.) Leave the cupcakes aside on a wire rack for later.
Place the softened butter in a large mixing bowl and gradually add the icing sugar a little at a time to the butter, beating continuously. Continue until all the sugar is blended in. Beat until the icing is pale and fluffy. Beat in the milk and vanilla extract until well combined. Add pink food colouring to colour the buttercream. Scoop the buttercream into a piping bag with a star tip and pipe swirls on the tops of the cupcakes. Sprinkle over your choice of sprinkle(s).

Notes; ensure your butter is soft enough as this is an all-in-one-method for the sponge mixture. To ensure a feather light sponge, do not over mix the sponge mixture too much. To make certain of flat tops to cupcakes, fill only ¾ quarts full with mixture. You will only need a little pink food colouring added at a time – remember you can always add more if need be.


Girly Pink Cupcakes

Lastly sit back and treat yourself to one of these Girly Pink Cupcakes and think of nothing more than being a Princess for the day!

58 comments:

Jersey Girl Cooks said...

Oh,wow! These look gorgeous!

Coffee and Vanilla said...

Oh, I see you were not wasting your time today :) Cupcakes look beautiful like always.
We made some saltfish with ackee today... will post recipe soon ;)

Margot

Coleens Recipes said...

Very pretty indeed! I will have to do some research, since I measure in cups, quarter cups, etc. not ounces.

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

What pretty cupcakes! They look delicious!

Cheers,

Rosa

Christy said...

Cute, Cute, Cute!! Love these pretty pink cupcakes! Makes me wish I were the princess for a day to receive them. :-)

Elyse said...

Oh, Rosie, these cupcakes are just adorable!! I love that you made your own fluff. How fabulous! And that pink buttercream is just gorgeous. I wish I had five of these! Sorry that I’ve been an absent commenter; I just finished up my law school exams and am finally getting around to my google reader.

Rachel said...

Works very well for me!

Anonymous said...

These cupcakes look so pretty, Rosie!
I just love the pink buttercream icing. :)

Snooky doodle said...

These cupcakes look so nice! So girly :) I ll try the marshmallow fluff since here I don t find it either. Thanks for sharing :)

Mary said...

They look so nice!

Simones Kitchen said...

It's funny; I've just had breakfast but looking at these my tummy suddenly starts to rumble! They look delicious Rosie!

Katiecakes said...

I made some cupcakes similar to these a few weeks ago but I made my filling using marshmallow fluff. I can't believe you made your own, that's so so cool!

They look so pretty and I bet they tasted awesome!

Katie xox

The Caked Crusader said...

What pretty cakes! Strangely, I never used to like pink when I was a little girl...the princess fantasy came along a lot later!

Finla said...

Wow i have nev erhad cupcakes with marshmellow fluffs, looks beautiful and so pretty pink too.
Lov ethem.

Maria♥ said...

Rosie, these are definitely "princess" cupcakes!! And anything pink and girly gets my vote.

Maria
x

grace said...

what a lovely hue! these are the perfect girly cupcakes, rosie, and kudos to you for making your own marshmallow fluff. excellent!

Heather said...

Beautiful! I wish I could have one now.

Unknown said...

they looks so pretty,the pink beauties..

Gloria Baker said...

I love these cupcakes, you are the Cupcake's queen!! so beauty and cute!xxGloria

Donna said...

...And they MUST be PINK!!!Hahaa...it's a law...cupcakes must be pink...law!!!Hahahaa...hughugs

Ivy said...

Oh they are so beautiful and so original. Never heard any with marshmallows before.

The Blonde Duck said...

Oh Rosie, these are my favorite! Would you be willing to serve these at the Pond Puppy Ball?

Uma said...

ooh, soooo mouth-watering! Please pass me one :)

Caroline said...

Oooh, these cupcakes look too pretty to eat. And marshmallow fluff made from scratch! Yummy!

Dewi said...

OMG Rosie, these Pink cupcakes got to be the cutest! I love pink, and this specific pink on your frosting look so happy!

La Bella Cooks said...

These would make anyone smile! I think they would be perfect for my daughter's birthday party in a couple weeks. They would love these!

Ingrid_3Bs said...

Yur cuppycakes look darling but it's the homemade marshmallow fluff I'm after. I'll take that jar of it!
~ingrid

nath said...

very cute pink cupcakes.. wonderful!

Anne said...

They look perfect for a princess, so girly!

Anitha said...

Hmm...yummy...!! Very girly cupcakes Rosie :-)

Bunny said...

I love the marshmallow in the middle that sounds so good with the chocolate! Very very pretty cuppies!!

Planet Gift Baskets said...

These look fabulous. I'm going to try to bake these with my daughter. I'm making a gift basket for my sister in law who loves cupcakes. We will definately be including these.

A_and_N said...

The decoration is unbelievable! What could be more girly? Well, the cupcakes were brown ;) So next time around, make 'em pink too :)

aforkfulofspaghetti said...

Ha! I don't think much could beat those for girlyness! So cute!

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

Girly pink cupcakes would be perfect:D

Maria said...

The cupcakes are looking good!!

Hornsfan said...

Too cute! These would be an adorable addition to a little girls' b-day party!

The Wandering Pit said...

Definitely fit for a princess! They´re so pretty it seems a shame to eat them!

Chef Jeena said...

I love these pretty pink cakes, great job at the homemade fluff it looks lovely.

J.L. Danger said...

anything with marshmallow fluff in it has got me!

Maria said...

Okay, I could just dip a spoon right into that marshmallow fluff ... mmmm! The cupcakes look beautiful -- I love cupcakes; perfect portions, flexibility and amazing flavors! Not to mention you can make them as pretty and "princessy" as you wish!

Half Baked said...

What pretty very girlie cuppies! They are lovely and look tasty too:)

Caroline said...

Very cute Rosie! I'm really impressed you made your own fluff - I've only ever seen it in Selfridges here (with the appropriate extortionate price tag!!!) And what a lovely surprise to bite into a hidden chocolate cake with the fluff in it after the deceptive pink icing with lovely sprinkles!

dabrah said...

This looks so tempting. And a lovely pink too.

Lia "short courses"Scott said...

i like you blog so much the fact that i did starve upon browsing your blog.. i love the designs of your cupcakes..

manila homes said...

i love this blog of yours.. there's so much to learn for..

♥Rosie♥ said...

Many thanks to my new and 'dearest' older friends for calling by and also for your very kind words. This is what makes Blogging so worth while :0)

My very best wishes to you all Rosie xoxox

Sophie said...

I'm happy just looking at these, they are so pretty, Rosie. There's something very magical about them :).

Rose said...

Love your girly pink cupcakes, the colours are so pretty :)

Megan said...

these are adorable and look so wonderful! i am going to have to try these "girly" pink cupcakes

Maaya said...

the cupcakes look adorable. yummy

Government Funded Courses said...

wow, it is a very beautiful & yummy pastries

West Africa Gold Exploration said...

Really enjoyed reading your blog post. I will have to bookmark your site for later. I wrote down your recipe also.

Graphic Design said...

I was looking for such a feature.Hope to read more interesting articles.Thank you for this.great job.

Hot Penny Stocks said...

Thanks a lot for the great article that you share. :) thumbs up!

Painting Antique Furniture said...

Really enjoyed reading your blog post. I will have to bookmark your site for later. I wrote down your recipe also.

West Africa Gold Exploration said...

I am really interested in what you wrote and share here. I hope you give me more interesting topics to read on.

Michael Courses said...

Beautiful! I wish I could have one now.